“Taste of Forum”
February 21, 2017
WFU Charlotte Center
Registration starts at 8:30
Program starts at 9:00, includes lunch and wraps up at 1:30
The Center for Private Business is excited to introduce a new small group concept for Center members.
A business leader forum is a group of 6 to 10 peer leaders with similar levels of responsibility in their companies. Forums hold regular meetings for the purpose of helping each other address their most challenging business and personal issues in a safe, nonjudgmental, and confidential environment. Through forum, members develop invaluable communication and leadership skills that they can apply in all areas of life. In many respects, the Forum serves as a trusted Board of Directors for each member’s life, offering wisdom and experience that enable members to grow personally and professionally.
Taste of Forum will be facilitated by Andrea Wooten, a consultant who has helped numerous organizations across the country successfully implement the forum concept. This meeting will also be attended by other members of our community who can say “I would not be who I am personally or professionally, nor would my company be what it is today without my forum.”
Background Information on Andrea J. Wooten
Andrea Wooten has over 30 years of experience in diverse leadership roles including:
- President and Chief Executive Officer of Experience Works, a national nonprofit organization that provides older Americans with training, employment, and community service opportunities in the U.S. and Puerto Rico
- Attorney specializing in labor and employment law with Orrick, Herrington, & Sutcliffe
- Clerk for the Honorable Judge Cecil F. Poole, Ninth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, San Francisco, California
- Farmer, Rancher, and Family Business Owner in Texas and Virginia
- Entrepreneur, corporate trainer and consultant, career counselor, Congressional advisor, educator, fitness and dance instructor, and camp director.
Andrea’s education includes:
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Speech and Theatre Arts from Colorado State University
- Juris Doctor from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento
- Harvard Business School executive education, Young President’s Organization program, 5 years
Andrea has received numerous awards including:
- Two Time Finalist, Greater Washington Area Entrepreneur of the Year
- Outstanding Leadership Award, The George Washington University School of Business and Public Management
- Award for Advancement of the Profession, National Association of Workforce Development Professionals
- Outstanding Regional Leadership Award, Young President’s Organization